Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Let it snow?!

It’s snowing! Yup, in central Michigan, from the sky, falls the big, fluffy evidence that winter is closing in on us. And with it, come the sounds of the season...

Somewhere at work, “I told her I wouldn’t have to mow the lawn again.”

Somewhere are home, “I knew he wasn’t gonna mow the lawn again.”

Somewhere in the neighborhood, “Looks like they’re not gonna mow the lawn again.”


Ahh, the first snowfall. It’s a beginning, a fresh start for the holiday season, a beautiful façade for ghastly cold temperatures. The winter coats, hats, mittens, and boots will be a daily necessity now. Hot chocolate will be our night caps. As the saying goes, “the more things change, the more they stay the same.”

Happy Thanksgiving all! I hope your holidays are full of good food, laughter, and love.

GO LIONS!!!

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I'm so jealous! You've got snow! All we have in Southwestern PA is rain! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!